To assist individuals and families with long-term recovery following a natural or man-made disaster by determining their unmet needs through a case management program and working to obtain the resources necessary to meet those needs while avoiding duplication of services.
Hardin County households impacted by disaster are counting on all of us as a community, especially looking toward Hardin County Strong, for leadership and guidance through their circumstances, rebuild efforts, unmet needs, emotional/spiritual support and more. Hardin County Strong is committed to the Hardin County disaster recovery effort long term. The leadership of our long term recovery team is strengthened through collaborative partnerships with other volunteer and faith-based organizations, in an effort to make great things happen for our county and to meet this important commitment.
· Working with disaster survivors to better understand their immediate and long-term needs
· Working with volunteer and faith-based organizations to assess their capacity for long-term recovery work; and
· Mobilize volunteers from inside and outside of our county/state to assist;
· Identifying funding and material resources to support repair and rebuilding
· Rehabilitate and repair damaged houses, with a focus on resilience to help homes withstand future disasters;
· Engage in collaborative partnerships with non-profit and for profit organizations with the goal of working together to renew
our impacted communities
· Provide emotional support and spiritual care to individuals and families whose lives have been changed due to disaster
· Promote a message of hope throughout our county and communities, especially those directly impacted by disaster
· Dedicate our effort to rebuilding a strong and more resilient community
Hardin County Strong is fully committed to all of the goals outlined above as well as a philosophy and set of practices that will help enrich the lives of the individuals and families we serve.