Do you need help?

If you are a home owner in need of home repair due to damages caused by Harvey the first step is to register with a Case Manager.  Please note:  this is not the same as registering for disaster assistance with FEMA, or registering to apply for an SBA disaster loan.


  • Call (409) 209-5400 learn about case management registration


Due to high demand for services and limited financial resources

  • Case managers will utilize the following criteria for eligibility:  Low-income residents who are: over 60 years, disabled, singles parents with children in the home, and/or US honorably discharged veterans

  • Households must provide proof of income and demonstrate significant financial need

  • Households must have exhausted all available personal resources (FEMA grants, flood insurance, personal resources/savings) or have a plan for how those resources were or will be utilized)

  • Homes must be the homeowner's primary residence; proof of ownership is required



Non-profit organizations that fund rebuild projects want to see houses restored so that families can return home and begin their new normal.  However, their grants often have restrictions, are closely monitored, and have frequent reporting requirements back to their donors.  Further, duplication of benefits is closely monitored from all sources (Federal and non government organizations) and require that we do our due diligence when spending the money they entrust us with.  When households spend FEMA dollars given to them to assist with their recovery on unapproved items, it prevents us from helping with their rebuild, and could also require the household to repay the FEMA money.  FEMA dollars have an intended purpose:  disaster-related expenses.  Don't spend FEMA money frivolously and make sure to keep receipts or other proof that support appropriate spending.  Click HERE to be directed to a FEMA fact sheet on disaster related expenses.


If available, please present your FEMA eligibility letter(s) stating approved spending to your Case Manager.  Your letter(s) may also be posted online on the FEMA disaster assistance portal in your account under correspondence; FEMA can also mail a copy of your letter if you call them at (800) 621-3362.

Hardin County Strong

300 W. Monroe

Kountze, TX  77625

(409) 209-5400



Hardin County Strong

non-profit 501(c)3

© 2018